Baby Eggplant Stuffed with Lemon & Garlic
- 6 baby or small eggplants
- 3 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Slice each eggplant in half widthwise, cutting only about ¾ of the way through so that it remains attached (you can even leave the stem on for a nicer presentation). Arrange the eggplants in a glass baking dish.
- Thinly slice 1 of the lemons. Juice the other two lemons. Press some garlic and oregano into each slit, then insert 1 lemon slice into each eggplant. Season with the salt and pepper. Drizzle the eggplants with the lemon juice and oil. Cover with foil (make sure it doesn’t touch the eggplants) and roast, basting frequently with the juices in the dish, until the eggplants are very soft, about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for 5 more minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with pan juices.
|Recipe Meal Type||
Appetizers, Side Dish
Daniel Fast, Core Plan, Gluten-Free, Maximized Living, Paleo Diet, Vegan, Vegetarian